Receiving an affordable housing grant can be a huge relief for organizations that aim to provide safe and substantial housing to those who need it the most. And at American Bedding Manufacturers, we are here to help! However, furnishing your facility can be a daunting task.
Here are the top 10 Tips On Furnishing Your Facility after receiving an affordable housing grant:
- Create a budget: Before you start purchasing furniture and other items, create a budget to ensure you stay within your means. Make a list of all the essential items you need and prioritize them accordingly.
- Plan the layout: Plan the layout of the facility and determine the best way to utilize the space. Consider the size of the rooms and the number of people who will be living in them. This will help you choose the right furniture, such as single beds or bunk beds, and arrange it in a way that maximizes the space.
- Consider durability: When selecting furniture, consider the durability of the materials used. Choose furniture that is sturdy and can withstand wear and tear like our Platinum Series Collection. This will save you money in the long run as you won't have to replace the furniture quite as often.
- Think about functionality: Select furniture that can work with the space your given. For example, our Platinum Under Bed Chest can be stored under the bed, which is beneficial if you have limited space.
- Prioritize essential items: It's important to prioritize essential items for your space first. Whether that’s dormitory mattresses, bunk beds to fill out your camp, or replacement mattress covers to spruce up your beds, it's important to invest in quality pieces that will last and stretch out your budget.
- Don't forget about storage: Storage is crucial in any home, especially in your facility where storage capacity and privacy are important to the clients coming in and out of your facility. Select furniture that includes storage options such as our Model 4500 4-Drawer Chest or the Platinum Double Wardrobe.
- Consider the residents' needs: Consider the needs of the residents when selecting furniture. For example, if you are housing families with young children, choose furniture that is child-friendly and safe.
- Don't overlook the small details: Don't forget about the small details such as curtains, bedding, and lighting. These items can make a big difference in creating a comfortable and inviting space.
- Purchase in bulk: Purchasing furniture in bulk can save you money in the long run. American Bedding offers competitive prices for bulk orders, which can be beneficial for organizations working with limited budgets.
- Seek professional advice: If you are unsure about how to furnish your facility or need help with the layout, seek professional advice. Consider using American Bedding’s turnkey installation services to coordinate the removal of old furniture and the installation and assembly of your new pieces!
Furnishing your facility can be challenging, but with careful planning and consideration, it can be done successfully. By following these top 10 tips, you can create a comfortable and inviting space for people from various backgrounds to call home.
Want to begin exploring what American Bedding has to offer? Check out our newest Product Guide here!