Metal Bunk Bed Safety Instructions
Our Metal Bunk Beds are designed for Institutional Use Only! They are not Designed for Use by Children 12 years of age or younger. If your Facility or Institution provides sleeping quarters for children 12 years of age or younger; Demount and Use as a Single Bed.
Safety is a cooperative effort between us as the manufacturer and the use facility. Please read and implement policies that will ensure compliance with the bunk bed safety warnings listed below to provide a safe and enjoyable sleeping environment.
- Do not allow children under 6 years of age to use the upper bunk.
- Use guardrails on both sides of the upper bunk.
- Prohibit horseplay (including jumping) on or under the beds.
- Prohibit more than one person on the upper bunk.
- Use Ladder for entering and leaving the upper bunk (on some American Bedding Mfg., Inc. bunk bed models, the bed end is designed to be the ladder for access to the top bunk).
- If the bunk bed will be placed next to a wall, the guardrail that runs the full length of the bed should be placed against the wall to prevent entrapment between the bed and the wall. (This applies only to bunk beds without two full-length guard rails.)
- Do not remove warning label from bed.
- Always use the recommended size mattress to help prevent the likelihood of entrapment or falls.
- Surface of the mattress must be at least 5 inches bellow the upper edge of guardrails.
- Periodically, check and ensure that the guardrail, ladder and other components are in their proper position, free from damage, and that all connectors are tight.
- Do not use substitute parts. Contact American Bedding Mfg., Inc. for replacement parts.
- The use of water or sleep flotation mattresses are prohibited.
- Keep these instructions for future reference.
Strangulation Hazard – Never attach or hang items to any part of the bunk bed that are not designed for use with the bed; for example, but not limited to, belts, hooks, jump ropes and towels.
Entrapment and Falls — Injury from entrapment and falls present the greatest risk to bunk bed users.
Size of mattresses — Mattress dimensions must fall within the parameters listed below:
For our Model 4500 Bunk Beds:
[table id=1 /]
For our Platinum Metal Bunk Beds:
[table id=2 /]